Online Courses and Tutorials
» Internet Basics
» GCFLearnFree.org® - Computer Tutorials
» Reaching Out to Customers with Disabilities (ADA tutorial for businesses)
» How to Write Effective Letters to the Editor
» How to Write Effective Letters to Your Elected Officials
- Internet Basics
Part 1: Internet Basics
Part 2: Email
The Top Twelve Email Mistakes
Part 3: "Non-Techie" Technical Term Definitions
(For a comprehensive interactive glossary of tech terms, visit the Glossary at LearnTheNet.com.)
- Computer Tutorials from GCFLearnFree.org®
GCFLearnFree.org® offers learn at your own pace tutorials plus free instructor led online classes, all at no cost!
Learn at your own pace computer and technology training tutorials – Topics include Internet Basics, Internet Safety, MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and more. Even includes Career Development.
Instructor assisted online classes – Computer and technology skill 3-week classes, with online instructors to guide you along the way. Registration required.
- Reaching Out to Customers with Disabilities - An online ADA course for businesses
As a business owner or operator, or someone thinking about opening a business, you may have wondered what you have to do to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). This course explains how the ADA applies to businesses in ten short lessons. Putting these lessons into practice will allow you to comply with the ADA and welcome a whole new group of customers to purchase your goods, products, and services. And you may find that making your business more accessible and welcoming to people with disabilities is not as difficult as you thought.
• Reaching Out to Customers with Disabilities (opens in a new browser window)
You may also want to visit the complete ADA Business website (opens in a new browser window).
- Effective Letters to the Editor
This is a brief yet very helpful collection of tips for writing effective editorials or letters to the editor. Following these tips will give your point of view more credibility and a better chance of getting published…
• Writing Effective Letters to the Editor (MS Word document, opens in a new browser window)
- How to Write Effective Letters to Your Elected Officials
The following websites provide helpful guidelines and tips for writing effective letters or email messages to Senators, Representatives, and other elected officials (these links open in new browser windows).
• Letters to Congress
• How to Write Letters to Elected Officials
• How to Write Good Letters to Your Elected Officials
• Helpful Hints for Communicating with Congress
• A couple more tips for writing letters or email's to Congress
…return to Previous Page