Advocacy Education Course
The following are some but not necessarily all of the basic topics and skills that students learn in the Advocacy Education Course. Each class is designed to meet the needs of the particular group of students. Topics may vary, and/or additional topics may be included.
- General information about advocacy
- History of the Consumer Movement
- Legislative process
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Patient's Rights
- Voters' Rights
- Catchment Area Councils and Regional Mental Health Boards
- Social Security
- Advance Directives
- Dept. of Mental Health and Addiction Services
Skill Building Topics:
- Public Speaking
- Body Language
- Working with the Media
If you are interested in applying for the Advocacy Education Course, please complete and submit the Online Application form.
© Advocacy Unlimited, Inc.
This education course, its content, and all materials are copyrighted.
…return to Previous Page